Call 231-760-1953 or 231-720-2548 for information on how Orchard View Adult Education may assist you in achieving your goals today!
Orchard View Adult Education serves the greater Muskegon area by providing the highest degree of excellence in adult education services and programs to meet the needs of our community. Four Districts: One Mission; we proudly serve Muskegon, Muskegon Heights, Mona Shores, and Orchard View. We strive to address the educational needs of all students in a nontraditional format, allowing students the freedom to parent, to perform, to work, to live, and to recover, without losing educational opportunities.
Orchard View’s Adult Education office is located at 2900 E. Apple Avenue, Muskegon, MI. Courses are offered from 8:30am–7:30pm Monday through Thursday and Friday from 8:30am-12:45pm.
All classes are free to the public. The priorities of our program include improving adult learners’ educational levels while enhancing access to employment, job training, and post-secondary education opportunities.
OV Adult Education provides:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes to improve their language, reading, writing, mathematical and/or computer skills.
- High School Completion (HSC) courses are available for eligible students desiring to obtain their diploma.
- GED preparation classes are available to assist non-grads with tools to successfully earn their GED certificate. Additionally, Orchard View Adult Education is a state approved GED testing site.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes support non-English speaking individuals to read, write and speak the English language.
- A variety of online core and elective courses are offered in our computer lab and can be made available for offsite learning through the OdysseyWare software.
All course delivery is customized based upon the individual learner’s needs. Classes are differentiated in a nontraditional environment. GED preparation is free and testing is free for those present on count day.
Virtual Learning Opportunities at OVAE
Orchard View Adult Education offers students a variety of methods to advance and meet their educational goals. In an effort to better meet the learning needs of every student, we offer individual learning opportunities as well as small and large group instruction. Technology is used to deliver an expanded offering of classes in order to help students meet the requirements of the Orchard View High School diploma. GED Preparation is also administered through our online program.
OVAE uses Odysseyware, a state and nationally recognized web-based learning program that allows students to learn at their own pace and educators to teach in their own style. Odysseyware is a refreshing option for the modern learner as the lessons are intelligently divided into short segments of related information which are accompanied by interesting, and often interactive visuals. With an array of state and federally accredited courses, Odysseyware still manages to allow a significant amount of modification and personalization by the instructor, as well as the ability to create new and unique lessons, quizzes, and quiz responses on whatever subject matter they feel is relevant to their class.
OdysseyWare offers there great options for students:
- A variety of elective classes that were offered, including Study Skills, Psychology, Sociology, or Consumer Skills and Career and Technical Education classes.
- Video instruction: 3-5 minute lessons that hold students’ attention.
- ACT & GED test prep aimed toward the new computerized testing.