The Orchard View Great Start Readiness Preschool is a state-funded FREE program for children who are 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current preschool year.
All-Day sessions are available Monday thru Thursday to families who qualify based on income and/or combination of family life factors.
The All-Day sessions receive breakfast, snack, and lunch.
Parent transportation is required.
Orchard View Preschool believes parents are their child’s most important educators. Through parent participation, both child and parent enrich their understanding of the value of education.
The learning environment nurtures and enhances the child’s developmental growth through hands-on experiences with materials that meet their needs, interest, and abilities.
Developmentally appropriate activities facilitate the child’s sense of initiative, problem solving ability, and probability for long term school success. Through our curriculum, each child develops respect for others as well as for themselves.
Parents, school staff, and the community work in partnerships to promote each child’s self-esteem, self-worth, and confidence.
School staff and parents are helping to prepare each child for a smooth successful transition to their next level of education.
For more information or to ENROLL:
Call 231-760-1810 or 231-760-1777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Start Readiness Preschool is located at:
2820 MacArthur Rd.
Muskegon, MI 49442
To get started, download and fill out the applications listed below. Once the application is completed, please bring in the following to the Great Start Readiness location: Completed application, child’s birth certificate, immunization record, health insurance card, proof of income (2015 W-2 or 2015 completed tax return) and proof of residency (current utility bill with name and address).
If you have any questions, please call 760-1777.
Parent Surveys from the 2016-17 school year:
- “Being kept well informed – letters about what the kids were learning, the learning curriculum and crafts. My child’s excitement to go every day and learn.”
- “The teachers were super friendly and for having this be my first child in school, they made me comfortable leaving him at school.”
- The monthly activities to do at home. All the learning and fun my child had at school all day. He couldn’t wait to go back every day.”
What is your CHILD’s favorite part of preschool:
- “Her teachers!”
- “Playing outside, drawing, stapling and making new friends.”
- “The entire experience of her classroom environment. Learning and sharing with other kids makes her so happy.”
- “I asked him and he said EVERYTHING!”